- In the next few days Worcester MA will be the nexus of current research in mindfulness for the treatment of human medical and psychological afflictions. Give that this year represents the 30th anniversary of the Center for Mindfulness at UMass started by Jon Kabat-Zinn, it promises to be memorable. I started attending this conference about 5 years ago and it represents the highlight of my academic year.
What makes the conference unique? There are a few things that stand out for me over the years:
- Early morning meditation led by either Jon or Saki
- The quiet dignified respect that permeates the place
- The presence of so many respected researchers in the field
- Science blended artfully with practice
- And most of all the recognition that what we are learning offers one major source of hope for the planet
Stay tuned for updates from the conference in future blogs!